5 advantages of dental implants
- Posted on: Sep 30 2020
Dr. Chong Lee and the associates of Galleria Dental Aesthetics in McLean, VA encourage patients who have experienced tooth loss and extraction to take time to learn about the various options available to them for tooth replacement. In many cases, dental implants are often recommended because of their versatility, permanency, and effectiveness in replacing one or more teeth within the smile. Our professionals work directly with patients to determine if they are appropriate candidates. Many patients love the idea of dental implants because of their many advantages:
- Dental implants provide permanent replacement of missing teeth. Implants are made of titanium which stimulates bone growth in the jaw when placed. This bone growth wraps around the base of the implant to provide a strong, sturdy foundation for life. With proper care of the smile, most patients will enjoy their dental implants for a lifetime!
- Dental implants offer versatility in replacing one or more teeth. Dental implants are used in a variety of ways to help patients in different types of dental situations. They can be covered by a dental crown to replace a single tooth, or they may anchor bridges and dentures for the replacement of several or all the teeth in the dental arch.
- Dental implants maintain natural bone structure. Traditional dentures often cause a sunken-in appearance because of the loss of bone, though dental implants placed in the jaw will ensure a more youthful appearance to the chin and jaw area.
- Dental implants look natural and function as the original tooth once did. Because the dental implant is placed into the bone of the jaw and stimulates the natural process of osseointegration to build up bone, it not only looks natural but functions natural as well. The restorations used over the dental implant are made of porcelain to ensure the look of natural teeth.
- Dental implants are an investment in the smile. Though dental implants cost more than alternative options, they last a lifetime, making them a worthwhile investment in one’s dental health and beauty.
Call Galleria Dental Aesthetics today!
Patients of the McLean, VA community seeking a solution for missing teeth should consult with their dental team about the benefits of dental implants. The practice can be reached by calling (703) 448-1020 to request a consultation visit at the practice of Dr. Chong Lee.
Posted in: dental implants