6 ways to keep the smile healthy
- Posted on: Feb 28 2020
Galleria Dental Aesthetics of McLean, VA provides general dentistry treatments. This includes routine examinations, fillings, and dental restorations. While visiting Dr. Chong Lee on a regular basis is key to maintaining a healthy smile, there are many things patients should do each day at home to keep the teeth and gums beautiful and free from decay and disease. Our team has developed a list of six ways to keep the smile healthy:
• Visit the dentist every six months – patients are urged to visit their dentist every six months for a cleaning and evaluation. This is one way in which a dentist can monitor one’s oral health and wellness over time.
• Brush after every meal – patients who brush their teeth to remove plaque, tartar, and food from the surfaces of the teeth and gums will keep their smile healthier for longer.
• Floss at least once a day – flossing removes food particles that can become stuck in-between teeth. Flossing should be done once a day, preferably at bedtime.
• Call the dentist when problems arise – instead of waiting for a toothache to become unbearable, patients should call for an appointment at the first sign of trouble. Many conditions can be treated easily and affordably in the earlier stages, versus waiting for the problem to become more damaging and difficult to address.
• Wear mouth guards during high impact sports – patients who participate in high impact sports such as football and hockey should wear an appropriate mouth guard while playing to protect their teeth from damage.
• Use a nighttime oral appliance to address TMJ and bruxism – temporomandibular joint disorder and bruxism can cause wear and tear on the natural teeth, and can cause dental restorations to break and crack. Use a special oral appliance provided by your dentist to protect the smile at night and reduce the tension that leads to chronic headaches and migraines.
Schedule an appointment at Galleria Dental Aesthetics to learn more about oral health care solutions
Call Dr. Chong Lee at (703) 448-1020 today to schedule an appointment at 1600 Tysons Boulevard, Ste. #120. His practice is equipped with the latest technology and advanced solutions for improving the health, function, and beauty of the smile. We assist new and current patients in the McLean, VA area and surrounding communities.
Posted in: general dentistry