Six Benefits of Invisalign as an Alternative to Traditional Braces
- Posted on: Oct 15 2019
A beautiful smile is often interlinked with a straight smile. Teeth that are crooked, gapped, or misaligned greatly impact the overall appearance of the smile. These teeth alignment concerns can cause patients to feel self-conscious about the way they look, avoiding smiling, laughing, and speaking with others due to embarrassment. Instead, patients in the area of McLean, VA can work with the staff at Galleria Dental Aesthetics to learn about the many benefits of Invisalign as an alternative to conventional orthodontics.
What is Invisalign?
Our dentists at Galleria Dental Aesthetics describe Invisalign orthodontics as the “clear alternative” to traditional metal bracket and wire braces. Invisalign works by using specialized, clear aligner trays that are created using digital impressions and special 3D computer software. The process of realigning the smile with Invisalign starts with a consultation to determine candidacy. Then, patients have digital impressions completed, which are then sent to the laboratories of Invisalign to create a series of trays. These clear, plastic trays are worn two weeks at a time to realign the teeth and improve the appearance of the smile. Most patients with mild to moderate smile misalignment achieve results within approximately one year with proper compliance.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Affordable – most patients find that the cost of Invisalign is comparable to that of conventional braces.
- Comfortable – the trays fit properly over the natural smile to gently reposition the teeth.
- Clear – many patients can smile and enjoy self-confidence with the use of Invisalign trays, which are practically indistinguishable in the mouth when patients are wearing them.
- Easy to use – the use of Invisalign aligner trays is simple. Both teenagers and adults can use Invisalign trays to adjust their smile and improve the appearance and function.
- Effective – patients who use Invisalign aligner trays are extremely satisfied with the results they achieve without gluing brackets and wires to the teeth.
- Better for oral health – trays can be removed to brush and floss, and once the smile has been realigned, it is easier to ensure better dental health.
Request an appointment with Galleria Dental Aesthetics today!
If you live in the community of McLean, VA and are ready to speak to a team of professionals about your smile, now is the time to work with Drs. Chong Lee, Joseph Oh, Kirsten Lee, and Judy Kwon and discuss the benefits of Invisalign. Straighten your teeth without the embarrassment of traditional braces. Call (703) 448-1020 to schedule your visit.
Posted in: Invisalign®