Are Veneers Right For You?
- Posted on: Oct 30 2015
What are veneers?
Veneers are thin shells that are bonded to the front surface of your teeth. They are fitted to your natural teeth and can be customized to achieve the right shape, size and color. At Galleria Dental Aesthetics, we provide patients with stain resistant porcelain veneers.
What are the benefits of choosing veneers?
Veneers provide an easy solution to many cosmetic problems. They can cover stains, cracks, or other unsightly dental problems. They are also sometimes used to correct gaps between teeth and misaligned or crooked teeth.
There are many benefits to choosing veneers. Some benefits include:
- Veneers can drastically improve the appearance of your smile by covering stains and cracks. This can boost your confidence and make social situations more pleasant. Veneers are also quite resistant to future stains, so if you take good care of your teeth, you can have a bright, attractive smile for a long time.
- The process to place veneers on your teeth is relatively simple and doesn’t cause much pain.
- Veneers provide an extra layer of protection that can strengthen your teeth.
- Porcelain veneers can last for 5-10 years before they need to be replaced.
- Custom veneers are created especially for you to give you a beautiful and natural looking smile.
How are veneers placed?
If you choose veneers, you’ll start by having a very small amount of enamel removed so that the veneers fit and stay on your teeth properly. Since the veneers will provide an exterior layer of protection, losing a tiny bit of enamel won’t cause a problem. After the enamel is trimmed, the dentist will take an impression of your teeth and that impression will be sent to a lab to create custom veneers that are the right size and shape for your teeth.
When the veneers are ready, you’ll go back for another appointment where the veneers are placed on your teeth to ensure a proper fit. If everything is correct they will be permanently bonded to your teeth.
If you’d like to learn more about the procedure, schedule a consultation today.
Posted in: porcelain veneers