Am I a Candidate for Sedation Dentistry?
- Posted on: Apr 17 2012
You are most likely a candidate for sedation dentistry if you are in good health and any of the following apply to you:
- Past traumatic dental experience.
- Fear or anxiety associated with the dental office.
- Back, neck or shoulder soreness from sitting in the dental chair.
- Inadequate response to numbing agents, like topical or local anesthetics.
- An extremely sensitive gag reflex.
- Any other conditions or reasons leading to dental phobia.
Sedation dentistry can also be beneficial for people needing multiple dental procedures. While you relax under sedation, our dentists can complete multiple procedures, which will require an extended appointment. Without sedation, the time required for these procedures may lead to your discomfort, requiring the procedures to be split into separate appointments.
To find out if sedation dentistry is right for you, you should speak to our experienced sedation dentists. We can help you determine if sedation can help you overcome your dental phobia and achieve the smile you have always wanted.
If you would like to find out if you are a candidate for sedation dentistry and live in Northern Virginia, including Arlington, Alexandria, McLean, Fairfax and Tysons Corner, please contact the experienced sedation dentists at Galleria Dental Aesthetics to schedule a consultation.
Posted in: sedation dentistry