Your dental checkup may be a little different than someone else’s because it’s individualized to your oral health and your dental goals. At Galleria Dental Aesthetics, our experienced dentists are committed to helping you achieve your best oral health and a gorgeous smile, and your routine visit will be tailored to these outcomes. Generally, a checkup with one of our family dentists includes the following:
- Cleaning the teeth and gums to remove plaque and tartar
- Checking all the oral tissues for signs of disease, inflammation and other problems
- X-raying the teeth to look for cavities, cracks and other problems
- Evaluating the teeth for any damage requiring restorations such as dental crowns or fillings
- Evaluating your bite and jaw position for proper alignment
- Diagnosing any sources of pain, swelling or other problems
- Providing tips for improving your oral hygiene
If you are facing certain dental problems or have great oral health and want to maintain it, these routine checkups are essential. We also encourage you to tell your family dentist about your goals during these appointments, whether you want to improve your dental hygiene, reconstruct your teeth or create the glamorous smile of your dreams.
For caring, compassionate and effective family dentistry near Arlington, Alexandria, Tysons Corner, McLean and Fairfax, please contact Galleria Dental Aesthetics to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced dentists.