Sedation dentistry is a way to let you feel comfortable no matter what dental procedure you are receiving. Sedation can be used across the spectrum of dental procedures, from routine cleanings to dental implants.
Determining if sedation dentistry is right for your dental procedure depends entirely on your preference. If your fear or anxiety is preventing you from receiving the procedure, then sedation dentistry may be the right solution for you. Other reasons to consider sedation include:
- Past traumatic dental experience
- Anxiety or fear associated with the dentist
- Discomfort or pain from sitting through a dental appointment
- Dental anesthetics do not numb you adequately
- Uncomfortable tooth sensitivity during dental visits
While you are sedated, you will be fully awake and able to communicate with the staff and the dentist, but you will have no memory of the procedure afterwards. Sedation dentistry allows you to be in a relaxed state for hours, so you can have multiple procedures completed in one visit without feeling uncomfortable.
To determine if sedation dentistry is right for you, please contact the Alexandria, Virginia sedation dentists at Galleria Dental Aesthetics.