When you have any sort of tooth discoloring such as; yellowness, deep staining, or dappling or granulation, it can be an impediment to your smile. It is completely natural to feel slightly uncomfortable if you have a less than perfect smile. If you are looking to leave the most positive impression on those around you, then consulting with a cosmetic dentist may be right for you.
One of the main techniques for improving a crooked smile of any kind is cosmetic tooth bonding. It is a procedure that is fairly routine and affordable. Here is the ultimate cheat sheet for you on tooth bonding.
Two Types of Tooth Bonding
The main two types of aesthetic bonding for teeth are:
- Direct Bonding – Uses composite materials and may not involve any tooth extraction.
- Indirect Bonding (Traditional veneers) – Uses a ceramic material, such as porcelain. Primary tooth exterior is set up to make room for the veneering material.
There are a number of dental issues which tooth bonding can eradicate. They include:
- Permanent discoloration which is not easily fixed with common bleaching methods
- Discolored non-vital teeth
- Peg-shaped lateral teeth
- Closure of proximal gaps and diastemas
- Removal of fractured tooth edges
Our Arlington cosmetic dentist offers a number of procedures which can beautify and fix the outer look and appearance of any teeth. The key is to find the best resin choice which matches your tooth color.
If you would like to learn more about tooth bonding in Alexandria, please contact Galleria Dental Aesthetics for an initial tooth bonding consultation. We welcome patients from Arlington and its surrounding Northern Virginia areas.