Porcelain dental crowns are restorations commonly used in the field of cosmetic dentistry. Dr. Chong Lee of Galleria Dental Aesthetics in McLean, VA commonly uses dental crowns to repair, restore, or rejuvenate the smile. In fact, dental crowns are incredibly versatile and are used in a variety of situations. At our practice, we can provide dental crowns for our patients if we find them to be a great solution for their unique needs.
What is a dental crown?
Dr. Chong Lee describes the dental crown as a restoration that is fabricated to cover a tooth that might be compromised. This cap-like restoration is bonded onto the top of a tooth to cover all exposed areas. There are many situations in which a patient might need a dental crown. Some of the common reasons include:
- Covering a tooth that is severely and permanently stained
- Protecting a tooth that has recently had root canal therapy performed
- Protecting a tooth that has a large filling and compromised structure
- Bonding to a false tooth, or pontic, to create a dental bridge for tooth replacement
- Covering the abutment of a dental implant to replace a single tooth
Because of their versatility, dental crowns are used a lot in both general and cosmetic dentistry.
What are the benefits of porcelain dental crowns?
When discussing the advantages of dental crowns, patients often find them to be:
- Natural in appearance
- Durable for long-lasting restoration of a natural tooth
- Versatile, used in many different applications in dentistry
- Strong and easy to care for
- Custom-made to fit the patient’s natural tooth and blend in with the rest of the smile
Enhance your smile with porcelain crowns!
By speaking with Dr. Chong Lee and his team at Galleria Dental Aesthetics, McLean, VA area patients can obtain a wide range of cosmetic solutions to help them improve their smiles. If you are ready to learn more about porcelain crowns or other treatments designed for smile enhancement and restoration, we welcome you to book an appointment at our facility today. Call (703) 448-1020 to request a consultation at our practice, located at 1600 Tysons Blvd. Suite #120.