Dr. Lee, Dr. Oh and Dr. Mortazie are convinced that white fillings are superior in every way to silver/mercury, or metal fillings. Because the benefits of white fillings are so well documented we have eliminated metal fillings from our practice completely. White fillings, also called tooth-colored fillings, are made of composite resin, the same material used in tooth-bonding procedures.
Benefits of White Fillings
Composite resin white fillings have many benefits. These are just some of the reasons our experienced cosmetic dentists have chosen to use only white fillings:
• The ability to fill smaller openings with composite resin fillings than with metal fillings, so less drilling is necessary and more of the natural tooth structure is retained
• Bonding a filling to the tooth makes the tooth stronger
• Can usually be used for both front and back teeth
• Are matched to your natural tooth color and appear invisible
• Can last longer than metal fillings with good oral care
• Do not expand or contract as metal fillings do
• No concerns over metal allergies often associated with metal fillings
• Cosmetically, white fillings give you a more attractive smile
To learn more about how you can benefit from white fillings from our Northern Virginia cosmetic dentists, please contact Galleria Dental Aesthetics, serving patients in Tysons Corner, Alexandria and surrounding communities.